New research updated the diet for a healthy heart . The research was published by the Heart Foundation. According to the research, unflavored full-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese are some new options for a healthy heart. In addition to these new options, the limits are also lifted over the number of eggs that can be eaten per week. The director of the Health Foundation, said, “Over time, the Heart Foundation’s advice for heart-healthy eating has shifted with the evidence to downplay individual nutrients and look more closely at whole foods and patterns of eating. What matters now is the combination of healthy foods and how regularly people eat them.”New research updated the diet for a healthy heart and made some essential changes. Some of these are as follows.
- 350 grams or less than 350 grams of unprocessed red meat such as lamb, beef, and pork can be eaten per week.
- Unflavored full-fat milk, cheese and yogurt are new options for a healthy heart. However, people who suffer from high cholesterol or heart disease unflavored low-fat milk, yogurt and cheese are still recommended for them.
- Limits have been removed over the number of eggs that can be eaten per week. However, people who have Type 2 Diabetes are advised to eat less than 7 eggs per week. People who have heart disease are suggested to eat less than seven eggs per week.
- Plenty of vegetables and fruits should be eaten.
- A variety of healthy protein sources, especially fish and seafood, legumes (such as beans and lentils), nuts and seeds. Smaller amounts of eggs and lean poultry can also be included in a heart healthy diet. If choosing red meat, make sure the meat is lean and limit to 1–3 times a week.
- Choose healthy fats for cooking such as olive oil and use nuts for friendly fats intake.
- Instead of adding salt use spices and herbs to flavor your food.
- Butter, cream, ice-cream, and other dairy-based desserts are not recommended for a healthy heart.
Also read our articles on
- Health Risks of Overweight and obesity
- An Easy Way to shift Towards Healthy Diet to Stay Fit
- A Complete Diet Plan for Men, Women and Children.
Poor diet is the main reason for heart disease. When a person becomes a heart patient his bad eating habits carry 65% responsibility of the disease. But if people take the recommended proportion of meat and vegetables the chances of heart disease would be reduced by 16%. and it would ultimately save billion on health spending.
American Civil War History American History cheapest countries to visit cheap places to travel christopher columbus Culture Diet Doctor Donald Trump fall of rome fall of the roman empire Fashion Food Diary Handbags Health Care Health Care. Featured History History of Roman Empire naat sharif naat video native american art Native American Civilizations native american culture native american history native americans native american tribes places to visit in pakistan roman civilization roman empire facts Stories Around The World Technology Tourism tourist attractions near me tours and travels tours and travels near me Travel and Tourism travel the world Trump 2020 Trump Reelection US history World News ww2 american fighter planes ww2 bombers ww2 facts ww2 fighter planes WW2 History