Best Full Body Workouts
Full body workouts are the best workouts if you want to shed some extra pounds or if you want to build some muscles. Here we will provide you with the best full body workouts for weight loss and muscle gain and this will definitely help you to stay healthy.
Low Volume Compound workout
While opting for the workouts you must pay attention to your diet and then adopt the workout according to the diet you are taking. The low volume compound workout is suggested if you are taking lower carbohydrate cutting diet. This sort of workout will be good for you since it would not leave your muscle drained. This type of workout will not give you a muscle pump because it is in the lower rep range and uses fewer sets. However, it will decrease the muscle pump and will help you to reduce some extra fat.
Low Volume workout 1
- Barbell Squats (3 sets) (5-6 reps)
- Barbell Bench Press- Medium Grip (3 sets) (6-8 reps)
- Bent Over Barbell Row (3 sets) (6-8 reps)
- Crunches (3 sets) (8-10 reps)
Low Volume workout 2
- Barbell Deadlift (3 sets) (5-6 reps)
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown ( 3 sets) (6-8 reps)
- Standing Calf Raises (2 sets) (8-10 reps)
- Superman (2 sets) (8-10 reps)
It is suggested that you do alternate workouts from the above mentioned list or do two to three workouts in a week.
Also read our articles on
- Diet for a Healthy Heart; New Research Update
- 6 Best Cardio Exercises to Lose Weight at Home
- Am I Overweight ? Health Risks of Overweight and obesity
- An Easy Way to shift Towards Healthy Food Options
- Health Care and Nutrition Tips
Depletion Full Body Workouts
The second type of full body workout is aimed at depleting the glycogen that is stored in the muscles. However, it is suggested to opt these workouts if you are taking a high carbohydrate meal or meals in your diet. You will lose the extra weight because the higher rep range of these workouts.
Types of Depletion Full Body Workouts
- Legs Press (2 sets) (10-15 reps)
- Seated Cable Rows (2 sets) (10-15reps)
- Barbell Shoulder Press (2 sets) (10-15 reps)
- Butterfly (2 sets) (10-15 reps)
- Side Lateral Raise (2 sets) (15-20 reps)
- Standing Calf Raise (2 sets) (15-20 reps)
- Dumbbell Bicep Curl (2 sets) (15-20 reps)
- Pushups (2 sets) (15-20 reps)
- Hanging Leg Raise (2 sets) (15-20 reps)
Time-Pressed Full Body Workouts
These types of workouts are best for those who are under strict time constraints and find less time for gym and exercise. These are intense workouts and will help you to decrease the extra body fats by spending less time in the gym. These workouts will be effective if you do them twice a week.
Types of Time-Pressed Full Body Workouts
- Barbell Full Squats (2 sets) (6-8 reps)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press (1 set) (8 reps)
- Dumbbell Bicep Curl (1 set) (10 reps)
- Sit-ups (1 set) (15 reps)
All of the above-mentioned three types of workouts are best for weight loss and when combined with a good and balanced diet will you the best results.
Full Body Workout for Muscle Gain
The full-body workout will not only help you to reduce some extra fat, but it will also help you to gain muscles and will help you to gain strength. Such types of workouts are time efficient and you need to do them only three times a week if you want to gain muscles and strength. However, you need to adopt a holistic approach that targets all of your body muscles during the workout. Here we will give you two full-body workout plans for your muscle building and strength.
Workout Plan Routine
- Monday; Workout 1
- Tuesday; Rest
- Wednesday; Workout 2
- Thursday; Rest
- Friday; Workout 1
- Saturday/ Sunday; Rest
Details of Workout 1
- Barbell Bench Press (3-4 sets) (6-10 reps)
- Barbell Back Squats (3-4 sets) (6-10 reps)
- Pull-ups (3-4 sets) (6-10 reps)
- Standing Overhead Press (3-4 sets) (6-10 reps)
- Face Pulls (3-4 sets) (10-15 reps)
- Drag Curls (3-4 sets) (8-10 reps)
If you are a beginner then sticking to the lower volume of reps will be a good option and then you can gradually add more volume to your routine.
Details of Workout 2
- Barbells Dead-lifts (3-4 sets) (6-10 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Press (3-4 sets) (6-10 reps)
- Chest Supported Row (3-4 sets) (6-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise (3-4 sets) (10-15 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Kickbacks (3-4 sets) (10-15 reps)
- High to Low Chest Cable Flies (3-4 sets) (10-15 reps)
These two types of workouts will give you the best results for muscle gain and strength training. Therefore, start now, be focused and have your dream body look.